Parking in America 2013
The Fifth Annual Review of Parking Rates in North America
Presented by the National Parking Association
The 2013-2014 National Parking Association Industry Rate Study examines parking industry data from 2012. The study provides an in-depth view of parking rates, industry trends and wages across a variety of parking segments.
Highlights of Survey Findings across All Categories of Parking
More than 40% of all survey respondents reported increased demand for parking services. This increase was greatest for Off-Street, CBD and hospitals, with 54% and 53%, respectively, reporting volume increases.
The top 4 findings from the survey are:
- 45% of respondents reported volume increases for their organization between 2011 and 2012.
- The highest segments reporting growth were 1) On Airports, 2) Off-Street CBD, and 3) Colleges/Universities.
- 50% of Off Airport parking respondents reported revenue growth in 2012.
- On Airport parking represents the highest median revenue per organization in North America, at over $16 million.
- Off-Street CBD facilities reported an average monthly rate for a reserved parking space of $180. This is a slight decrease from the $199 rate reported in 2011.
- The average maximum daily rate for Off Airport respondents was $10.19.
- Hospital patients/visitors are paying a 12-hour daily max rate of $11.80/hr. for valet parking.
- 56% of all respondents said revenue increased or remained the same. This increase is greater than the 50% increase reported in 2011.
- 19% of Valet respondents, the highest of all sectors, reported double digit revenue increases.
- 53% of Hospitals reported an increase in revenue from 2011 to 2012.
- 14% of Off Airport and Hotel respondents reported double digit increases in revenue. This compares favorably to the 15% and 11% respective revenue increases reported in 2011.
The 2013 Parking in America study provides a comprehensive and detailed snapshot of current and future parking industry trends. These trends indicate that the parking industry continues to see upward momentum as a number of macro-economic factors continue to improve.
Order #: PRS-13
NPA member price: $299
Non-member price: $599
NPA will email you the report within 1-2 business days of purchase. If you need the report sooner, please contact NPA.
Continue to bookstore to order >>
The Executive Summary is available to members in the members only section.