2009/2010 PII Scholarship Winners
- Victoria Mark was awarded the Leonard 'Bud' Doggett Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. A daughter of Carol Mark of Colonial Parking, Inc. in Delaware is a graduate of Sun Valley High School in Pennsylvania. She has been accepted to Neumann College nearby and plans to study Early Childhood Education.
- Terence Mejia, son of Demosthenes Mejia, an employee with Standard Parking Corporation was awarded the Steven Maravich Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Terence is a graduate of Damien Memorial School in Honolulu, Hawaii and has been accepted to the Nursing Program at Hawai'i Pacific University.
- Heather Sullivan was awarded the Daniel P. Katz Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Heather's proud mother, Carol Dean is employed with Standard Parking Corporation. Heather is in her sophomore year at New York University where she is studying in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Selam Berhane, daughter of Standard Parking Corporation's Lemlem Tesfamariam. Selam was awarded the Jerry Stocks Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. She is in her final year of studies for her Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada.
- Ghenet Hagos was awarded the Colonel Mitchell Wolfson Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Ghenet's parent, Hagos Tesfamariam is an employee with Parkway Corporation of Philadelphia, Penn. Ghenet is a freshman at Penn State University.
- Eli Popicg, son of Stacey Popicg, employed with the Wheeling Parking Authority was awarded the Thomas Butts Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Eli is a previous scholarship winner with the PII. He is a junior majoring in Accounting at West Virginia University's College of Business and Economics.
- Abir Ahmed was awarded the W. C. Griffith Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $1,500. The daughter of Walker Parking Consultants employee, Rashid Ahmed; she is attending the School of Journalism at Northwestern University where she is in her second year. Abir is also a previous winner.
Eight awards of $1,000 were given to the following:
- Betel Ali, representing Colonial Parking, Inc. of Washington, D.C. is a student at the University of Maryland.
- Louis Arger is at California State University, Fullerton representing Standard Parking.
- Maria Arger representing Standard Parking is studying Exercise Science Sports Medicine at California Lutheran University.
- Carter Cole is studying Chemical Engineering at Western Michigan University and represents Carl Walker, Inc.
- Clark Groene representing Olympic Auto Park is a student at The Ohio State University majoring in Engineering.
- Mosetta Harris, a student at Villanova University majoring in Political Science. She represents Parkway Corporation.
- Olivia Muzzy who represents Walker Parking Consultants is studying Music at the University of Iowa.
- Ayobami Olugbemiga represents Standard Parking and studies at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Six $500 scholarships were awarded to the following:
- Nicole Ellis, a student at Delaware Community College represents Smart Park, Inc.
- Abby Fulp, representing Valpark is a student at North Carolina State University.
- Nicole Heidelberg, studying at Ohio Northern University represents Carl Walker, Inc.
- Kasey Kent who also represents Carl Walker, Inc. studies at Michigan State University.
- Kirstie Saito, a student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa represents the State of Hawaii.
- Caroline Santa representing Integrity Parking Systems, LLC is a student at Case Western Reserve University.
The Parking Industry Institute, a Foundation of the National Parking Association, has a strong interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its membership, their employees and dependents. As such, it has established a scholarship program to assist students with demonstrated financial need to defray their undergraduate expenses, recognize and assist academically talented students to attend the institution of their choice, and provide financial aid to support the National Parking Association's commitment to advance educational opportunities.