Supporting Educational Opportunities For Our Parking Families
The Parking Industry Institute, a Foundation of the National Parking Association, has a strong interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its membership, their employees and dependents. The scholarship program's goals are to:
- Assist students with demonstrated financial need to defray their undergraduate expenses.
- Recognize and assist academically talented students to attend the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the NPA's commitment to advance educational opportunities.
All donations to the scholarship program are tax-deductible. Make a donation today with our secure online form.
About the Scholarships & How to Apply
Scholarship Awards Due April 1
The amount of each scholarship granted under this program range from a $500 Honorary Award to a maximum of $3,000 per year. Awards are for one year only, but applicants may re-apply. Scholarship funds are available for undergraduate studies only. Prior Scholarship Recipients.
Those eligible to apply are/ will be graduates of public and private secondary schools who are:
- A son, daughter or spouse of a full-time employee of a firm which is a member of the National Parking Association. The parent or spouse must have been employed at least three years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for a scholarship.
- A full-time or part-time employee of a firm which is a member of the National Parking Association. The employee must have been employed for at least one year as of January 1st of the year he or she is applying for a scholarship.
PII Scholarship Program Application Procedures
Download the PII Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
Download the Scholarship Committee Applicant Recommendation/Appraisal Form (PDF).
- Download and complete the above application form.
- Mail application to the:
Trustees of The Parking Industry Institute
1112 16th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036.
Applications and all related materials must be received no later than April 1st of the academic year beginning in the fall.
- Applications may be required to appear before the Scholarship Committee for a personal interview.
Basis for Selection
Selection will be made by the Board of Trustees on the basis of merits, scholastic and extracurricular achievement, charter, meritorious service and application criteria such as transcripts, recommendations, etc.